About the Role
Megaphone is looking for an Ad Sales Engineer to work at our fun and fast-paced podcast technology, advertising sales, and creative services company. The Ad Sales Engineering role is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to join a close-knit and smart team of a rapidly growing business. If you are passionate about podcasts, know about ad servers, SSPs, DMPs, and DSPs, and are able to translate technical jargon to a broad audience, this is the job for you. This position will report to the VP, Head of Sales and may be based in Reston, VA, New York, NY, or 100% remote.
- Actively support the sales team, provide pre-sales technical assistance, product education, and post-sales support
- Create technical presentations and demonstrations on how products align to meet the client needs
- Work with sales and partners to identify business opportunities for advertisers' business goals
- Build and ship new ad products as well as end-to-end customized solutions in collaboration with Product and Engineering teams
- Partner closely with Product teams to understand platform functionality, strategy roadmap, and provide client feedback and future enhancements
- Produce technical documentation and adoption guides for internal and external use
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Build a strong understanding of competitors and market trends, represent the company at events and conferences
- Convey customer requirements to product management and engineering teams
Requirements and attributes of the ideal candidate:
- Strong understanding of the ad tech space, including SSPs, DMPs, DSPs, etc.
- Motivated by helping sales teams close deals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of API’s and protocols such as VAST and OpenRTB
- Experience with databases including the ability to build SQL queries to answer data-related questions
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Megaphone is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.