Megaphone is looking for a Director of Insights & Analytics to work at our fast-paced podcast technology and ad services company. The Director of Insights & Analytics role is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to join a close knit and smart team of a rapidly growing business. If you’re passionate about podcasting, understand its growth potential and are eager to play a part in it, this is the job for you. Working at Megaphone also means casual dress, full benefits, competitive salaries, and a friendly work environment. This job will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will be based in our
Reston, VA office.
- Lead a team focused on hypothetical data analysis projects that grow the product through insights and experimentation.
- Help department heads understand how to use data & analytics to make business decisions.
- Automate delivery of key reports across the business.
- Develop, measure, and report on business metrics for major company initiatives and departments.
- Design and develop dashboards for senior executives with visualizations and KPI tracking.
- ExecuteA/B and multivariate testing with product team to test in-market optimization strategies that can lead to growth and engagement.
- Work with product to promote a culture of data-driven decision making and rapid cycle testing.
- Proactively perform data exploration on user behavior, segmentation/cohort analysis, conversion funnel and analysis.
- Analyze product and user data to help with personalization and targeting efforts to create the best product experience for customers.
- DeliverCustomer Care Analytics.
- Consult regularly with engineering on data schemas and modeling, metrics aggregation and data warehousing.
- Develop and further refine Megaphone’s use of groundbreaking demographic and behavioral data for ad targeting and publisher insights.
- Present research on user behavior, product enhancements, and metrics development/methodology to all levels of the company ensuring transparency and partnership.
- Represent the company in industry-wide conversations around measurement and standards in podcasting.
Requirements and attributes of the ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, math, computer science, or economics; Advanced degree a plus
- 7+ years of applied experience in a digital media/technical role with a strong focus on analytics, product, project management, and user behavior
- Experience managing and developing a team
- Experience analyzing data in digital analytics platforms (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, etc.)
- Coding skills for analytics and data analysis (e.g., Python,R, Pandas, SQL, etc.)
- Experience developing scripts and using tools likeHive, Java, Jenkins and Oozie
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets, (i.e.Amazon AWS, Looker, Snowflake, or Google Big Query)
- Experience building statistical models and running experiments
- A keen eye for data visualization and design consistencies
- A great storyteller and communicator
- Ability to collaborate and work in partnership with different parts of the organization
- Solutions oriented
- Digital media experience(subscription model a plus)
- Combination of technical skill sets and business savvy to interface with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and drive your own projects
- A passion for podcasting and defining the future of digital audio
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Megaphone is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.