Megaphone is looking for a Sales Manager – West Coast to work at our fast-paced, industry leading podcast technology and ad services company. This is an opportunity for someone looking to drive the flow of budgets into this rapidly growing medium while educating and servicing clients who are interested in Megaphone’s uniquely digital and data focused offering. The Sales Manager will join a close knit and highly collaborative team in a rapidly growing business. If you’re a passionate, driven, clear communicator ready to become a leading player in on-demand audio space, this may be the opportunity for you. This position will be remote.
- Drive advertising revenue through direct sales of media programs to run on our Megaphone Targeted Marketplace.
- Understand client KPIs and implement creative solutions with white glove service.
- Manage a territory, develop, and nurture relationships with new and existing client and agency partners.
- Build, manage, and close against sales pipeline.
- Meet with a high volume of clients and agency teams, educating them on podcasts, the benefits of podcast advertising, and the best ways to buy.
- Travel when necessary to meet with existing and potential customers.
Requirements and attributes of the ideal candidate:
- BA/BS degree, preferred
- 3+ years of media and/or media sales experience with an outstanding record of achievement
- Relationship and contact base with brand advertisers and media agencies, particularly digital teams
- Passion for and knowledge of on-demand audio/podcast content
- Understanding of digital media terminology and landscape (mobile or audio experience also a plus)
- A powerful sense of urgency, and a relentless start-up mentality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Desire to work within an environment that balances the successful achievement of commercial goals with a fun, professional atmosphere
- Appreciation of client’s business needs and resourcefulness in creating solutions for their challenges
- Strong strategic thinker with negotiation skills to get deals across the line
- Detail oriented and ability to work on own initiative
- Well versed in using SalesForce or similar CMS tools
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com.
Megaphone is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.