About the Role
Megaphone is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to work at our fun and fast-paced podcast technology, advertising sales and creative services company. The Senior User Experience Designer role is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to join a close knit and smart team of a rapidly growing business. As a member of a growing design team, you will lead the discovery and design of products that are defining new industry standards for how media organizations publish and monetize their podcasts. The product experiences that you create will be used by large clients like Spotify, ESPN, iHeart Media, Vox Media, and more. This job will report to the Director of User Experience and is based in Reston, VA or New York, NY.
- Provide design leadership within a feature-focused product team by collaborating with product managers and engineering partners to champion exceptional customer experiences.
- Plan, manage, execute, and communicate the design process and deliverables.
- Facilitate collaborative design workshops internally and externally with customers.
- Proactively define requirements and solve for complex multi-channel platform experiences by understanding the intersection of customer needs, business goals, and technical feasibility.
- Be an advocate for users by leading research studies to understand their needs, wants, desires, pain points, and behaviors.
- Conceptualize interaction touchpoints and user behaviors through personas, journey maps, user flows, user stories, mockups, prototypes, design patterns, and user interface specifications.
- Rapidly user test new prototype concepts to validate ideas and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for collaboration and information sharing across related product teams.
- Provide training situations by sharing expertise with team members.
- Contribute to design critiques by sharing work and providing objective feedback to other designers.
- Raise the standard of quality by striving to improve what already exists, including optimizing DesignOps processes, applying proven interaction design approaches, and building a cohesive, unified design system.
Requirements and attributes of the ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Human Factors, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Architecture, or an Advanced degree is preferred
- 5-6+ years designing and testing digital experiences
- Portfolio of projects or case studies that highlight the challenge, approach/process, design deliverables, and outcomes
- Thorough understanding of design approaches, techniques, and tools (including journey mapping, prototyping, user flows, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the design thinking process
- Experience working closely with product managers and engineers
- Experience gathering knowledge from multiple sources
- Curiosity in behavioral psychology and how different types of users interact with technology
- Deep passion for product design, constantly keeping abreast of latest trends, best practices, and competitive activity
- Experience designing for multiple interaction channels and how they fit into a holistic experience
- Ability to communicate decision points and metrics in an articulate, actionable manner
- Driven to solve problems quickly and keep things moving
- Experience in AdTech, publishing tools, content strategy, ethnographic research, or knowledge of front-end technologies preferred
To apply, please send a link to your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Megaphone is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.