About the Role
Megaphone is looking for a Staff Accountant to work at our fun and fast-paced podcast technology, advertising sales and creative services company. The Staff Accountant role is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to join a close knit and smart team of a rapidly growing business. If you’re detail-oriented, good at multi-tasking, and eager to learn, this is the job for you. This job will report to the Director, Finance & Accounting and is based in Reston, VA.
- Prepare monthly general ledger journal entries
- Prepare monthly operating expense statements for departments and perform variance analysis to budget
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts and review for variances or discrepancies
- Record monthly bank settlements and receipts
- Assist in reviewing, verifying and processing invoices and payment requests from vendors
- Assist with issuing invoices and ensuring customers are billed correctly for services offered
- Communicate effectively with customers to answer questions and resolve any billing issues
- Support the Finance & Accounting team and upper level management by preparing and analyzing ad hoc reports as needed
Requirements and attributes of the ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field is preferred
- 2+ years of professional work experience
- Prior public or private accounting experience is preferred
- Proven desire to gain accounting experience
- Working knowledge of accounting processes
- Great attention-to-detail and strong ability to organize and coordinate tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Megaphone is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.