Megaphone is looking for a VP, Business Development to join the sales leadership team at our fast-paced podcast technology, advertising sales and creative services company. The VP, Business Development role is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants a key leadership role in an industry leader in the rapidly growing field of podcast technology and monetization. If you’re passionate about podcasting, understand its growth potential and are eager to play a part in it, this is the job for you. This job will report to the Chief Revenue Officer and is based in New York, New York.
- Drive adoption of Megaphone and Megaphone Targeted Marketplace (MTM) across the podcasting industry; hit key performance numbers and annual targets tied to business growth.
- Quickly build a strategic plan for continued high growth targeting enterprise clients, as well as high volume underserved segments of the podcasting ecosystem.
- Build strategic relationships with key platform companies in the industry such as Apple, Google, Spotify, Pandora, etc..
- Conduct financial feasibility analysis in pursuing and developing new business opportunities for Megaphone.
- Lead a growing team of business development associates focused on growing market share for the Megaphone platform.
- Forge and nurture senior executive/C-level relationships within the podcast space and manage Megaphones strategic partnerships.
- Lead and manage deal lifecycles at the enterprise level to ensure continued growth for Megaphone.
- Effectively engage and communicate with internal business partners, including Product, Engineering, Customer Experience, Sales and Marketing.
- Communicate market trends and industry shifts, including implications and recommendations, to internal and external business partners.
- Effectively evaluate new business opportunities, analyze competitors, recommend strategies, and lead proposals and face-to-face negotiations to win new business.
Requirements and attributes of the ideal candidate
- Honesty and integrity – getting the last penny out of every deal isn’t a requirement but dealing fairly and honestly with every partner is.
- Rolls up their sleeves and does any job necessary to help grow the business.
- Understands that relationships are critical. Whether expanding our relationship with established companies like Apple or exploring a partnership with an emerging content studio, you like the relational part of doing business.
- Demonstrates passion for the podcast industry and understands how podcasts are created, consumed and make money.
- Likes being part of a team and is adept at building strong working relationships across business functions (i.e., Technology, Sales, Marketing and Finance).
- Keen to hop on a train or plane to help build a relationship or close a deal face to face.
- Enthusiastic about being the face of the company and delivering keynote speeches at industry conferences or representing the business at podcast festivals.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA, preferred
- 10+ years of sales, business management and people management experience; consumer technology, start up, ad-tech or digital media sales, preferred
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Proficient at reading, understanding and negotiating contracts.
To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com.
Megaphone is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.